This boat has been sold!
Thank you for your interest.
2012 West Wight Potter 19
with 2012 EZ-Loader trailer + 2020 Mercury propane outboard
We bought Kestrel in 2020. Until then, she had been sailed only twice—by her first owner who bought her brand new. We are the second owners and have sailed with her a total of 60 days in freshwater, and 10 days in salt water. She has been well cared for and is in awesome condition—an excellent gunkholer.
With a nearly 400-lb. centerboard, the Potter 19 is stable and forgiving on the water. Due to the erratic wind conditions of the mountain lake we have typically sailed in, she is rigged for quick and easy reefing and furling.
Why are we selling?
While we have really enjoyed traveling in this “camper-cruiser,” we’re selling Kestrel because we’ve purchased a larger coastal cruiser and are now focused on that. She deserves a good home and is ready for more adventure!
Sails + Sculling
- North Sails Main with 2 reef points (original)
- North Sails 140% Genoa on CDI flexible roller furler (original)
- Hank-on jib (would need parrel loops added to enable hoisting up the furled Genoa)
- 11′ Sawyer MXS fiberglass/carbon fiber oar
- Bronze Sawyer Cobra oarlock on transom
Motor + Electrical
- 2020 Mercury Sail Power 5-hp propane motor w/alternator and 25″ shaft, with < 50 hours on motor
- Refillable, 5-lb propane tank
- Adjustable motor bracket and Panther marine outboard motor lock
- One 12V battery (Odyssey Extreme Series AGM, 34M-PC1500, 68 Ah)
- Battery is 10 years old, but has been taking and holding a charge, using the Pulsetech Extreme Charge XC100 (charger not included with boat)
- 12V, 4 amp/50-watt alternator charging system wired to battery
- Steel standing rigging original; very good condition
- Dyneema backstay rigged 2021; spare forestay
- New mainsail halyard, 2021
- New mainsail halyard sheaves at masthead, 2021
- Furling line replaced and rope clutch added for furling, 2021
- Boom vang
- Jib tracks and cars
- Sail track stop with 2 spares
- Added closed-cell foam sound dampeners in mast to stop noise from anchor light wires slapping inside mast, 2021
- Gin pole mast raising/lowering system, with “baby stays” for extra lateral control and safety while raising/lowering mast
- Steel mast crutch
- 11-lb Lewmar claw anchor with 6′ of chain and 300′ of rope rode, marked at 10′ intervals, stored in chain locker
- Cockpit cushions in very good condition
- Bimini with cover, plus covers for Main and Genoa, in very good condition
- Anchor light and running lights (bow and stern)
- Cowl vent and deck plate replaced 2021
- New raising/lowering system for centerboard, 2021. Easy to un-thread and re-thread for clearing cabin while camping.
- Custom board and cushion to add sleeping space to V-berth, 2021
- Interior cushions in excellent condition
- Removable rubber floor mat
- One interior LED light, mounted overhead
- Four opening portlights with removable curtains, plus an opening forward hatch
- 36-qt Igloo marine cooler
- Max Burton Mr. Max single-burner butane stove
- Thetford Porta-Potti™ has never been used
- Boat hook
- Storage space in bow, mid-cabin, and under aft cabin benches
- 2012 EZ-Loader trailer with front motor bracket; lights replaced in 2021
- Spare wheel and 2 spare bearing sets for hubs (hubs greased twice a year)